- Has a positive effect on intellectual growth and enriches and enhances a child's mental development
- Leaves students with more flexibility in thinking, greater sensitivity to language, and a better ear for listening
Improves a child's understanding of his/her native language
- Gives a child the ability to communicate with people s/he would otherwise not have the chance to know
- Opens the door to other cultures and helps a child understand and appreciate people from other countries
- Gives a student a head start in language requirements for college
- Increases job opportunities in many careers where knowing another language is a real asset.
(Center for Applied Linguistics)
Monday, May 26, 2008
Benefits of Early Language Learning
Teachers of foreign languages would agree that there are many benefits of early language learning. Learning a language at an early age...